Interim ICT Manager (02/2019 – 12/2020)
NIRAS is the federal government institution responsible for nuclear waste in Belgium, with the processing being carried out by Belgoprocess. The objective of the assignment was to achieve the integration of the ICT departments of NIRAS and Belgoprocess, while also improving the maturity, professionalism, and technology used by the integrated organization.
Key achievements include:
- Restructuring of the ICT organization, with a clear focus and better definition of roles and responsibilities.
- Technical integration of the corporate networks, with increased security levels and improved user-friendliness.
- Introduction of an ITIL-based Service Management Framework supported by a new service management tool.
- Introduction of a Project Management discipline with accompanying portfolio management.
- Development of an integrated application strategy for 2021 and beyond.