Change Manager (2/2015 – 3/2016)
Mechelen is one of the major cities in Belgium with over 85000 citizens. Mechelen employs about 1200 civil servants.
The objective of the assignment was to integrate the ICT departments of Stad Mechelen and Sociaal Huis. At the same time a new ICT strategy and ICT Architecture was developed.
Assessed both ICT organizations, and identified quick wins.
- Assessed both ICT organizations, and identified quick wins.
- Integrated both ICT organizations, bringing together the best of both world.
- Developed new ICT technology architecture taking advantage of cloud based technology solutions, based on O365 and Sharepoint online.
- Acted as interim ICT Manager for the integrated ICT department.
- Supported the implementation of the “New Way of Working”.
- Further optimized and streamlined ICT operational support for the integrated ICT team.
- Introduced formal Project Management methodology and supporting portfolio and project management tools.