European Infrastructure Manager (9/2012 – 7/2014)
The objective of the assignment was to review the current structures, working methods and IT spending, and recommend and implement improvements to reduce costs and increase efficiency. The Infrastructure team is responsible for managing and operating all Applications, Databases, Systems, Networks, Plant equipment, End-User Computing and Development.
Responsible for the day to day management of a multinational team of about 100 people, who are supporting and operating the IT Infrastructure of AGC Europe. The European IT Infrastructure budget is about 20 M€.
- Provided leadership in the above mentioned areas
- Benchmarked IT organization against Gartner Industry averages
- Restructured the organization resulting in:
- Improved focus of people on their role
- Removal of one management layer
- Less technology silo’s and more cross technology roles
- Stronger project management
- Do more with less
- Reduced OPEX costs by 21% over 2 budget years
- Renegotiated mayor multiyear contracts, resulting in significant savings
- Developed and reviewed several business cases to introduce cloud-computing technologies
- Overall IT responsibility for the successful move to the new headquarters in Louvain-La-Neuve.
- Overall responsibility for the move of the old datacenters to the new outsourced datacenter, including virtualisation of applications.
- Managed the infrastructure organization through a mayor corporate restructuring
- Developed vision for next 2-3 years to take advantage of the newest technology innovations.
- Developed a global support model and Introduced ITIL based support processes, and tools